Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A New Year

A new year brings feelings of hope, a time to start over...we all think about the things we want to do better in the new year.  365 brand new days to do something completely different than we did with the previous.  I am a sucker for new beginnings.  I love a new calendar, a new school year, birthdays and of course a new year.  Last years was so new to us as a whole, new state, new church, new job and new friends.  This year will be much of the same.  Our state is still new to us and there is still so much to see!  Our church is experiencing lots of new changes as our pastor and his family are relocating to Georgia, they happen to be one of the families we have been the closest to here so we are sad for the loss but so thrilled for their new adventure in a new state.  Bloggers all over the internet are establishing a word for the year: "What is your word for 2012?" I don't have one.  I can't pick just one for fear of hurting the other ones feelings...they are all so good!  I even found it hard to pick resolutions...aren't they the same ones we have each year?

Exercise more
Eat better
Get out of debt
Have fun as a family
Read the bible
Do school everyday
Organize
Live Simply
Grow a garden
Read more books


Yep, pretty much the same ones.  So it wasn't as fun to sit down and make them...this time.  Maybe next year will be more fun?  It's been a hard few years with job losses and all that comes with that.  It's been hard to trust that it will all be okay and I find myself falling into the thoughts of a pessimist, salted with some optimism to make sure that I don't fall all the way to the bottom of the pessimist trap.  That's not where I want to be.  My mother lived there and she suffered in her life and relationships because of it so I fight everyday, when we aren't sure where the work is coming from, when we are not sure of anything at all...I keep remembering the good.  Giving thanks for all, each and every little thing.  Because isn't the little things that make up this whole thing we call life?

I don't know what this year holds for us.  That's the hardest part.  The not knowing can be a wicked place.  At one time for me the not knowing was an adventurous place but the adventure has repeated itself so many times that I have tired of it and I just want a solitary place for us to dwell.

Dwell.

verb: to live as a resident.
synonyms: abide, exist, nest, remain


How's that for a word?


No comments: